Sunday, March 26, 2006

Finally, some progress that isn't demolition

I got a lot of work done this weekend on the bathroom. The first pic shows the new 3/4" plywood that I put down on Saturday. The next pic shows the tile that I put down today. In between those pics I had to put 1/4" Wonderboard (cement backerboard) to have a nice stiff surface for the tile. On top of the plywood is a layer of thinset morter, then backerboard, then thinset morter, then the tile. The lines between the tiles look wavy because the tile that we went with has wavy edges to give it the rustic look of stone or something like that. I did end up buying a wetsaw to cut the tile because that was the only way could make the curved cuts that I needed to make around the closet flange (the thingie that the toilet hooks to for those of you non-handyman types). Luckily Menards had a wetsaw on sale for $45 which is only $5 more than it would have cost to rent one. I could go into more details, but they would probably be boring and I am getting pretty tired anyway. The next step is to seal the tile and then grout the tile. I will be doing both of those steps tomorrow so that the grout can start curing as soon as possible. Oh yeah, did I mention that the grout has to cure for three days? That means I can't put up the wainscot or put in the toilet for three days. I will try to post again after I get the grout down (I am sure you will be waiting with bated breath).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home